CrystalClear Interface (CCI) is a powerful system add-on that lets you customize certain aspects of the Mac OS X "Aqua" interface. Version 2.6 adds significantly to the CCI feature set, and is also easier to control and configure.
The 5 basic sets of interface components that you can customize through CCI are:
- Window transparency
- The color of windows and some text fields
- The "frame" of various window types
- Miscellaneous items such as scrollbars and the system menubar
- Buttons, tabs, and other interface widgets
In addition, CCI provides several other interface enhancements that you can use if desired:
- Animating the opening and closing of windows
- Using "Single Application Mode" (SAM), which reduces window clutter by keeping only one application active at a time. Use the built-in application switcher (command-Tab) to switch applications.
- Allowing users to move windows by more than just the titlebar.
- Blurring the background for greater usability with very transparent windows.
- A selection of preset themes, making switching among the numerous possible combinations of color, transparency, and window frames a snap.
Extends the "Glossy" button theme to OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion users
Includes several significant bug fixes, including ones affecting Dropbox, Growl, and, on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, QuickTime Player
Adds support for OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 (when it's released)